RE: Trying to forward mail....

2002-01-13 21:37:50
At 11:17 2002-01-14 +0800, Mohsenruddin Moonshi wrote:
Hmmm... but what if we are using Postfix instead? Will a symbolic link
work? I don't think so as the options for Postfix is not the same as
Sendmail. Any suggestions?

Anthony's post on 10 JAN 2002 seemed to make it pretty clear that _POSTFIX_ was telling him to use a sendmail command for postfix:

I added
SENDMAIL=/path/to/sendmail to the /etc/procmailrc file
but changed the path to point to postfix. Yes, I am using Postfix.
I pulled this from the maillog on the mail server

Jan 10 09:26:29 ix postfix[8523]: error: to submit mail, use the Postfix
sendmail command
Jan 10 09:26:29 ix postfix[8523]: fatal: the postfix command is reserved for
the superuser

If you're using postfix, you're in an excellent position to READ THE MANPAGES. My guess is that the sendmail wrapper which postfix provides is there SPECIFICALLY FOR COMPATIBILITY WITH APPLICATIONS WHICH INVOKE SENDMAIL, and this probably remaps any commands as necessary.

Read the manpage and find out.