Re: Spam rc file?

2002-01-12 04:35:26

* On 12-01-02 at 12:28
* Stephen Patterson said....

On 11 Jan 02, Nick Wilson (nick(_at_)explodingnet(_dot_)com) wrote:

Happy Friday everybody.

I've beem looking around for some spam filtering stuff. I've found lots
of 'all-inclusive' complicated packages but I'm really looking for
something very simple.

What I'd like is a simple set of anti-spam recipes that i can include in
my .procmailrc and filter to a quarantine file for a while to check it's
working then /dev/null

If someone has a spam rc I can have or can point me to one I'd be most
obliged.

The simplest way I've found (that works) is to use a whitelist
(defining what you consider to be valid mail) and to set $DEFAULT to
some spam box or /dev/null so that spam gets put out of the way.

The following is a shortened version of my .procmailrc. Any mail which
is sent only to me or cc'd to me is considered valid as is anything
from specific mailing lists which I am subscribed to. Anything else is
spam. I've also added a blacklist to drop specific messages which have
got through my whitelist in the past.

Thanks stephen, I've got a recipe that handles anything *not* addressed
to nick(_at_)explodingnet(_dot_)com so that's sorted. I like the idea of the
blacklist but my real probem is stuff that is correctly addressed.

I get alot of rubbish from addresses like mike_23442_arse(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com
and
the like, usually porn or financial shite that I'd love to filter.

Any ideas about that?

- --

Nick Wilson

Tel:    +45 3325 0688