Re: Spam rc file?

2002-01-12 08:58:55

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 12:34:10PM +0100, Nick Wilson wrote:

What I'd like is a simple set of anti-spam recipes that i can include in
my .procmailrc and filter to a quarantine file for a while to check it's
working then /dev/null

If someone has a spam rc I can have or can point me to one I'd be most
obliged.

Check out http://www.it.ca/software/procmail-spamtrap .

It's getting a bit large, but it's far from the level of complexity of
spambouncer and the like (I have yet to assign the time to wrap my brain
around scoring), and it should be really really simple to set up.  It's
getting better than 95% of the spam that comes in here, and has had no
false positives in the past 5 days (about 15000 hits I think).

I get alot of rubbish from addresses like
mike_23442_arse(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com and
the like, usually porn or financial shite that I'd love to filter.

Much of that is covered by the rules in the above spamtrap.  In
particular, I've built rules that identify correctly structure hotmail
and yahoo email by comparing various header elements with each other.

The thing is still very much under development (I add to it or move bits
around almost every day), but the above URL should always have the
latest working version.

--
  Paul Chvostek
<paul(_at_)it(_dot_)ca>