Re: efficiency q: multiple addressees

2002-01-17 08:37:06
Udi wrote,

| Do not forget the score behavior!  It will scan ALL the
| ^TO or ^TO_ just to count EVERY string that you are looking
| for (for example, if you have 100 ","s the log file will show
| you "Score:    100 100 ...")

No, that's wrong.  If the x-value (the number to the right of the caret) is
zero and the regexp is not negated, procmail will stop looking after finding
one match, same as if the condition had no weight.  All my weights had x=0.

When x is 1 or greater, procmail does act as you're describing.  (When it's
between 0 and 1, procmail quits searching when the incremental score is too
small for its resolution.)  If the regexp is negated, that's another story:
procmail has to go through the entire search area whether the condition is
weighted or not.