Assigning values to variables, then running shell commands

2002-01-22 22:22:41
Attached in my .procmailrc file...what I'm trying to do is have procmail take
the a mesage recieved with a specific subject and parse certain information
from it and assign that information to variables.  The message will have the
following format, I want the info after the colons

ack:aname
site:sitename
note:anynotes

I would then like procmail to execute a shell command, pager-ack, with the
arguments begin the value of the variables.

If there any reason why this current config won't do that...Did I miss
something crucial somewhere?!?

thanks.

SHELL=/bin/sh
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail/
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/received.log
DEFAULT=$HOME/mail/
#variables for pager-ack
NAME=`cat | egrep "^ack:" | awk '{ print $2 }'`
SITE=`cat | egrep "^site:" | awk '{ print $2 }'`
NOTE=`cat | egrep "^note:" | awk '{ print $2 }'`

:0