Re: Orbz mistake ?

2002-01-23 01:47:27
At 20:12 2002-01-18 +0100, Sebastien DESREUX did say:

I have tried to send email to procmail-users(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org; I
received the
following answer:

        <procmail-users(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org>
        (reason: 553 5.3.0
<procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de>... Open spam
        relay  - see http://www.orbz.org/)

Read the message - it isn't _YOUR_ server that it's rejecting - it is the mail server at procmail.org. According to Stephen (as of several weeks back when I inquired), there was a "hiccup" on the mail server (hera.cuci.nl), and this "may have been the result of some configuration files not being restored properly."

According to:
<http://www.orbz.org/b.php?212.125.128.1>

It was still blackholed after the test on 09 JAN 2002.

I queued it up for a new test just now (in case the relay config was fixed but not submitted), and before queuing up this message to send, I re-checked and found that it had completed it's test already - it's still blackholed because it is susceptible to relaying.