Re: Orbz mistake ?

2002-01-23 10:20:36
On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Sebastien DESREUX wrote:

I have tried to send email to procmail-users(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org; I
received the
following answer:

      <procmail-users(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org>
      (reason: 553 5.3.0
<procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de>... Open spam
      relay  - see http://www.orbz.org/)

So I checked www.orbz.org and tried the IP address of my mail server
(62.4.22.172); it is in fact *not blackholed* according to orbz.org:

It is possible, but unlikely -- most probably some other
mailserver is being rejected.  Unfortunately the specific IP
being rejected is not present in the mesage being returned by
your MUA.

As you may know, I am active on the procmail list, and happen
also to be active with the ORBZ list.  Please return to me off
list, the extract of the rejection of that message in full
from your MTA logfile , and I will assist you in the matter.

-- Russ Herrold