newbie q: if-then

2002-01-24 01:15:02
i was using this rule, found in procmailex:

:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| /usr/local/bin/formail -D 8192 msgid.cache

however, this breaks my anti-spam solution (TMDA), because the same message will pass through procmail twice. the first time, TMDA will put it in a special delivery queue, until someone confirms that it isn't a spam message. the second time, it should be delivered, but it won't be, because of the duplicate Message-ID.

what i need to say is: don't do this rule at all if there is an X-TMDA-Confirmed header in the message. my naive approach was:

:0 Wh: msgid.lock

this sent the message into an infinite loop, bouncing back and forth between MAILER-DAEMON and my inbox! ouch... fortunately i was watching the log and commented out the whole recipe quickly.

i'm thinking maybe curly braces are the trick? the man page is very confusing on this topic. it just says they are for "nesting blocks" and doesn't explain it any more than that.

-jsd-