accidently deleted the subject

2002-01-24 00:41:36
I think your sending of your logfile successfully broke my procmail spam
filter (I don't know how).  Therefore, you got my spam message.  =)  Sorry
about that.  I'll make up for it.

My .procmailrc file is as below.
LOGFILE=/home/joe/maillog.log
:0
* Sender: joe\/.*
spool/<folder name for example: test>

When I try this code, the log file shows this:

From: joe(_at_)something(_dot_)com
Subject: test
Folder: /var/spool/mail/joe
procmail: Skipped "/home/joe/test"

This comes from my .procmailrc:

Kill email from specified addresses in plaintext file $BLACKLIST and put it
in $SPAM_FILE:

:0
* ^From:\/.+
* ? echo "$MATCH" | $FGREP -i -f $BLACKLIST
$SPAM_MB

Kill email from one single address (joe(_at_)schmoe(_dot_)com):

:0
* ^From(_dot_)*joe(_at_)schmoe(_dot_)com
$SPAM_MB

Kill email not addressed to me (this obviously has inherent problems):
:0
* !((^TO_.*railen)|\
    (^TO_.*jmlamb)|\
    (^TO_.*procmail))
$SPAM_MB

My entire spam filter solution is found at:
http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~jmlamb/spamfilter.tar.gz

I've been updating it fairly regularly.  Hope this helps.

- Jeff