Re: newbie q: if-then

2002-01-24 11:17:32
At 12:59 AM 1/24/2002 -0800, Andrew Edelstein wrote:
On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 12:12:02AM -0800, Jon Drukman wrote:
> :0 Wh: msgid.lock
>
> this sent the message into an infinite loop, bouncing back and forth
> between MAILER-DAEMON and my inbox!  ouch...  fortunately i was watching
> the log and commented out the whole recipe quickly.

The solution is to put the same !^X-TMDA-Confirmed: condition on the recipe
that sends incoming mail off to TMDA.

but that would still leave the problem of formail killing duplicates, which has to be disabled in certain conditions. the tmda recipe is at the bottom of my .procmailrc, the formail duplicate killer is the first thing.

i'm convinced that if i only knew how to express "if there is no X-TMDA-Confirmed header, then do the formail rule" in procmail-speak i would be fine.

do i just do

:0:
  :0 Wh: msgid.lock
  | /usr/local/bin/formail -D 8192 msgid.cache
}

or is there more to it?

-jsd-