Re: specifying parameters to .procmailrc files??

2002-01-24 12:40:10
At 04:31 2002-01-24 +0000, Joe Varghese wrote:

I am recieving all mails for a domain to one POP3 a/c,

Uh, let me guess - you want to filter them into separate folders for each of their intended users on your system? Procmail isn't an MTA, it isn't the solution to this problem (consider when someone is Bcc'd and someone else is directly addressed - the BCC header won't be there to be checked, and that user won't get a copy).

I want procmail to put them into different folder based on the parameter given to the procmail.

On the parameter given to procmail ? What parameter - a header within the message, or something on the commandline ?

My .procmailrc file is as below.
LOGFILE=/home/joe/maillog.log
:0
* Sender: joe\/.*
spool/<folder name for example: test>

When I try this code, the log file shows this:

when you try the code EXACTLY as aboce, I imagine you'd have problems. Perhaps you could just show us EXACTLY what your recipe is -- real syntax bugs have a way of being obscured when people replace them with <this is something else> type comments. You should consider adding VERBOSE=ON above the recipe as well, since that will probably lead to a self-diagnosis of the cause of the problem.