Re: Fw: First time installation, help please.

2002-01-29 15:05:56
At 08:22 2002-01-30 +1100, Timothy Kersten did say:
Can anyone help please?

Fetch, examine, then run:

        <http://www.professional.org/procmail/procdiag.sh>

What does it claim your Mlocal is?

Do you even have procmail installed, and if so, what version? If not, well, uh, you should get it and install it first. Don't forget that there is a FAQ as well. Now, can you manage to invoke procmail locally with a test script?

If your intent is to invoke procmail as the LDA, then MAILER(procmail) isn't really necessary (it is useful if you need to invoke the mailer selectively via mailertable).

As for whether you even need to set FEATURE(`local_procmail`), that has a lot to do with what base OSTYPE setting you're importing. A good start with M4 configs is to get the generated config script to match what you're already using, THEN add features. If you haven't tweaked your sendmail config in the past, this might not be the point at which you're starting, and if you're ending up with a .cf file you can't use, that would be no surprise. Some OSTYPE configs actually define local_procmail by default.

Note that merely having procmail as the LDA won't magically place the mail in $HOME/mbox.

OS and package versions are always important things to convey when asking for assistance with configuration.