Re: is this procmail rant justified?

2002-01-30 13:00:12
David W. Tamkin wrote:

[snip]

Dallman never said that one needed to be skilled in English to be skilled in
C, nor vice versa.  Goodness knows that fluency in either is neither
necessary nor sufficient -- nor even helpful -- for fluency in the other.

I sort of disagree with this (other than the "Dallman never said" part)
depending, I guess, on the definitions of "skilled in" and "fluency."
One very useful programming skill is the ability to make one's
work understandable to other programmers, both in style and
documentation, and English language skills do come into play
when doing that; if not necessary, they will prove to be very helpful.
(This becomes particularly significant in projects that could be
considered "large" or "important.")

Cheers,
Stan