Re: is this procmail rant justified?

2002-01-30 07:40:36
dman,

I don't know enough C to answer the question, though by
inductive reasoning I'd think that we'd have heard this
stuff long ago if it had a rat's-ass chance of being true.

I agree with your conclusion above. Most probably however,
the message was referring to some now really obsolete version.
I'd really like to have some confirmation/comment from the
authors, or anybody who really knows procmail internals.

But what I do know enough about to judge is the poster's
English.  He doesn't know a dangling modifier when one bites
*his* ass.  So I'm inclined to be skeptical of his ability
to parse code.

You lost me on this one: are you *really* saying that one needs
to be a native English speaker to be a good programmer? If so,
I'd like to see you making your point with Linus (Finland),
Miguel De Icaza (Mexico), several KDE hackers (Germany), etc, etc..

You probably meant something else, would you care to explain it?

        Ciao,

                        Marco Fioretti