RE: MIMEdefang-like Tool that can be used from procmail?

2002-01-30 13:42:06
On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Reiner Buehl wrote:

From what I could see, Procmail Sanitizer only changes attachment
names or makes them unusable but does not shrink the mail size in
any way. Is this correct?

Well, there is a strip-and-discard function, based on filename.
Strip-and-quarantine is on the to-do list. If you just want to limit
the size of mails and don't care to keep the attachments, you can
configure it to strip and discard almost all attachments.

You can also run it against a specific user rather than globally, if
you prefer.

The size of the attachment hasn't been a parameter yet, and I don't
know if it would be something worth doing from a security standpoint.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin(_at_)impsec(_dot_)org                       pgpk -a