Re: Problem executing Procmail from .forward file

2002-02-02 17:03:10
Francis Stiff <fstiff(_at_)chevalcap(_dot_)com> writes:
The error messages suggest to me that procmail cannot be run from a .forward
file in our host's configuration yet our host continues to indicate that it
will.  Procmail runs from the command line without difficulty. Any help in
troubleshooting our configuration (or confirming that our host is MIA) would
be greatly appreciated.
SMRSH - NO
sh: procmail not available for sendmail programs
554 "|procmail -f-"... Service unavailable

The above message, "<program> not availible for sendmail programs", is
generated by smrsh.  Ergo, your deterination that smrsh is not involved
must be incorrect.  Put a link to procmail in smrsh's directory and try
again.  Beware: the directory that smrsh uses is OS and version specific.
For example, Redhat 6.1 looks in /usr/adm/sm.bin, which Redhat 7.1 looks
in /etc/smrsh with the additional requirement that it not be a symlink.

Philip Guenther