passing arguments as parameters to a script

2002-02-04 09:37:45
Hi

I'm trying out procmail and I seem to be stuck.  Just as a test, I'm
trying to let procmail execute a command with the subject as the
parameter to my command if the mail is sent to
unsubscribe(_at_)domain(_dot_)com(_dot_)
This has to be become an unsubscribe function in the future, so this is
just to try some stuff.  Anyway, you guessed it, it doesn't work.

My .procmailrc:

[begin]

SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail
LOGFILE=$HOME=/.maillog
VERBOSE=yes

PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin

MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail
ORGMAIL=/var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME

SUBJECT=`formail -zxSubject:`

:0 h c
* ^TO(_dot_)*unsubscribe(_at_)domain(_dot_)com
{
   :0 h c
   | mkdir $SUBJECT
}

[end]

Does procmail have any way of generating errors?  Sometimes the severe
errors end up in my sendmail logs, but for stuff like this, I get
nothing.

Help would be appreciated

Kind regards

Tom