Performance Considerations of a Global procmailrc

2002-02-13 19:12:53

We are developing some kick-a$$ SpamFilters, and we are currently testing
them in a small number of users' personal .procmailrc files.

What is going to happen if we move the recipes to a global procmailrc
file, which is where we are currently doing SirCam filtering...?

In particular, the rules call "formail" between 1 to 6 times / Spam that
they see, and will call "nslookup" three times / external email received.
The system currently supports about 10,000 customers, and ... we get a lot
of email.

Looks like about 10 messages a second are handed off to the Procmail LDA.

Has there ever been any thot to putting some sort of nslookup facility
directly into the ProcMail code so a separate process spawn was saved?
What about formail?

Aloha mai Nai`a!
--
"Please have your Internet License             http://kapu.net/~mjwise/