Re: Using personal .procmailrc over global .procmailrc

2002-02-15 03:37:59
On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 10:52:39PM -0600, Philip Guenther wrote:

If this is used in the /etc/procmailrc file itself and not from an
INCLUDERC, then the better choice would be to make procmail think it
hit the end of the rcfile by setting SWITCHRC to /dev/null:
      :0
      * ? test -f $HOME/.procmailrc
      {
              SWITCHRC = /dev/null
      }

That also lets procmail perform security checks on the user's .procmailrc
to make sure it's owned by the correct user and has 'safe' permissions.

The procmailrc man pages says:

SWITCHRC        Names  an  rcfile  (relative  to  the  current
                   directory)   to   which   processing  will  be
                   switched.  If the named rcfile  doesn't  exist
                   or  is  not a normal file or /dev/null then an
                   error will be logged and processing will  con­
                   tinue  in the current rcfile.

"processing will continue" if /dev/null, which is quite the opposite of your
goal here. It should be "unset SWITCHRC" instead.

Or did I miss somthing?

--
    PHEDRE: Hé bien ! à tes conseils je me laisse entraîner.
            Vivons, si vers la vie on peut me ramener,