Re: several recipes write to same folder

2002-02-15 00:18:40
On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Philip Guenther wrote:

Bob Holtzman <holtzm(_at_)sonic(_dot_)net> writes:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Philip Guenther wrote:

Found the problem. It was the "." after Subject:

procmail: Match on "^Subject:.[Ijbswa-users]*"

I'm not sure how the '.' was the problem, instead of the '[' and ']', but
if you've got things working now...  <shrug>

I don't understand it either. I always thought the "." after the header
designation was the standard (with the exception of TO_). I'll get back
into the docs as soon as I have a chance.

Of course that doesn't explain the change of behavior, since all recipes
worked previously. Did procmail suddenly decide to follow it's own rules?

Do you have old log entries showing the same recipe working differently?

Afraid not. I cleaned out the log file shortly before the problem occured.

Bob Holtzman
 ........check the price of the beer!"