Re: several recipes write to same folder

2002-02-12 01:02:02
Bob Holtzman <hotzm(_at_)sonic(_dot_)net> writes:
This one is driving me nuts! I subscribe to several mailing lists.
Everything went well for several months with all messages being
written to the correct folders. Three weeks ago a problem popped up.Three
of the recipes in my lists.rc file write to the correct folders
(procmail,junkbuster and the local user group). The rest (rpm,pine,gnucash
and gnumeric) all write to the junkbuster folder. A representative recipe
and the corresponding log entry are:

              :0:
              * ^TO_rpm-list(_at_)redhat(_dot_)com
              /home/holtzm/mail/list-rpm
log entry:

procmail: Match on "^Subject:.[Ijbswa-users]*"

The condition being logged will match any message that has at least
one character in the Subject: field.  The "[Ijbswa-users]*" part is
completely pointless.

For the sake of my sanity, could some one please tell me:
1. why did the behavior change when there had been no change to the
  recipes?

Because that's not the recipe that's involved.

2. why is the recipe matching on a header not refered to in the recipe?

Because that's not the recipe that's involved.

3. What can I do to correct this?

Find the recipe which is really doing that (try searching for "Subject:"
in all your rcfiles), then fix it.

Philip Guenther