Re: New Subscriber

2002-02-19 18:15:54
At 16:30 2002-02-19 -0700, Scott Miller did say:
Hi all, I've just subscribed to the list, and basically had one question before I dug in too deep. I have many users on my mail server, and I'm wondering if procmail can be used to filter "spam" based on key words, to:, from: or subject line before it gets to my users?

If procmail is configured as the LDA within your MTA (such as Sendmail), then rules in /etc/procmailrc are executed prior to the message being passed to the user's own procmailrc (or lacking one, being delivered to their mailspool).

You should check out the several FAQs linked at <http://www.procmail.org> and the multiple manpages (start with 'man procmail', and see the "SEE ALSO" section).