Re: RES: Procmail outgoing filter

2002-03-04 10:18:31
At 09:40 2002-03-04 -0300, Antonio Lenda Filho did say:
What is the secret behind: "Although this author has experimented with such filters himself, he cannot provide you with a ready-made configuration file hack.

Break it down. That means, I _experimented_ with a sendmail ruleset-invoked procmail configuration, but that just because I have a page discussing it doesn't mean that I'm in a position (either experience-wise or time-wise) to provide anyone with a hack to accomplish precisely what their individual needs are.

I provided notes and a generic sendmail hack configuration file to demonstrate the process. That's as far as I plan to take it at this point.

 The procmail manpage really does contain about all you need to
successfully add an MTA-level filtering hook."

'man procmail' Refer to section there which shows how to invoke procmail (as a "procmail MAILER", versus the "local MAILER") into a sendmail ruleset.

If you're going to experiment with this, I strongly advise you to do so on a host which isn't normally used as a mail host.