RE: changing .procmailrc location

2002-03-07 03:10:54
I already considered each point that you suggest. I simply hoped that the same
possibility to change ForwardPath in sendmail was implemented in some way in
procmail - I don't want that users who develop large applications have their
homes on the mail hub, which also is a NIS server (so it MUST know the true
homes). So I will re-generate procmail, and give the users some restritected
way to edit their .forward/.procmailrc in the non-standard location.

Thanks a lot for the confirmation.

  .-.   Robert GRASSO - CEDRAT S.A.
  /v\   10, Chemin de Pre Carre - ZIRST - 38246 MEYLAN Cedex - FRANCE
 // \\  Tel: +33 (0)4 76 90 50 45 Fax: +33 (0)4 76 90 16 09
/(   )\ mailto:Robert(_dot_)Grasso(_at_)cedrat(_dot_)com
 ^^-^^
Support service       : mailto:support(_at_)cedrat(_dot_)com
Commercial service : mailto:cedrat(_at_)cedrat(_dot_)com
Web site                  : http://www.cedrat.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Guenther [SMTP:guenther(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu]
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 10:46 AM
To:   Robert Grasso
Cc:   procmail(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Subject:      Re: changing .procmailrc location

Robert Grasso <Robert(_dot_)Grasso(_at_)cedrat(_dot_)com> writes:
I am running sendmail on a robust RedHat 7.2 server, using procmail as MDA.
As
some home directories are accessed through NFS, I would like that procmail
looks for .procmailrc, not in NFS-mounted homes on weak workstations, but in
local directory on the server. I browsed anywhere I could, ran many
different

tests, it seems that the only solution (posted in this list years ago) is to

change PROCMAILRC in the source and compile procmail again. Before I go this

way, has anybody another solution, using (smart !) command-line options or
rcfiles ?

This came up last month.  Here's my response to that query:

Philip Guenther