Re: changing .procmailrc location

2002-03-07 03:21:21
On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Robert Grasso wrote:

[...]
I am running sendmail on a robust RedHat 7.2 server, using procmail as MDA.
As
some home directories are accessed through NFS, I would like that procmail
looks for .procmailrc, not in NFS-mounted homes on weak workstations, but in
local directory on the server. I browsed anywhere I could, ran many different
tests, it seems that the only solution (posted in this list years ago) is to
change PROCMAILRC in the source and compile procmail again. Before I go this
way, has anybody another solution, using (smart !) command-line options or
rcfiles ?

        Did you try to add at the end of your global rc file:

INCLUDERC=/local/dir/$LOGNANE

        ($LOGNANE could be a file because you do not need real HOME)

        And, if it is not shared by NFS how the user updates the file?

Bye,
 Udi