Re: corrupt .mail file with Outlook ?

2002-03-07 09:29:02
On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Peter Rose wrote:

[...]
I run a small server with a dozen or so mail users.
It is RHLinux 6.1, sendmail 8.9.3, procmail 3.2.1
Mail is stored to $HOME/.mail
POP3 access is via qpopper4.0
I also run the ATDot webmail package

Everything has been working fine for two years, however, I have just
created two new user mail accounts and have experienced a problem that
is new to me.

Both users are using Microsoft Outlook to send/receive mail. To the best
of my knowledge, none of my other users are.

Problem is: they were able to collect mail first time, but thereafter
could not connect to my pop3 server - incorrect username/pwd errors.
The problem actually is that the first 'From' in their .mail files
seems to mysteriously have had the leading 'F'removed.

        Ha!  I thought it is happened only to me (:-)     My users use
        OutLook and from the first moment I installed procmail I bump
        into this problem - I feel it is problem about lock.
        I solved the problem by update procmail.  I do not understand
        your procmail version 3.2.1 (?)  However, my good version is 3.21
        (OS is Redhat7.1)

        My tmp solution was, in the bottom of procmailrc:

:0 fh
| sed -e '1s/^rom /From /' -e '1s/^om /From /'

        I do not remember the condition but, it happens that two chars
        where missed.

Bye,
 Udi

[...]