Re: System wide procmailrc taking precedence over user's file

2002-03-10 10:35:15
Philip wrote,

| 2) The /etc/procmailrc file is not read if a rcfile or variable
|    assignments are put on the command line, so procmail would use the
|    compiled in spool location then.

The procmail(1) man page, at least as of 3.22, says that /etc/procmailrc is
skipped if an rcfile or the -p option is named on the command line but not
that a variable assignment will do it.

To the extent I can test it, a variable assignment onthe command line
doesn't seem to make procmail skip /etc/procmailrc in either 3.22 nor
3.23pre.