Re: [Q] Permission and authentication (or Who is the landlord?)

2002-03-10 13:24:30
At 21:52 2002-03-10 +0200, Udi Mottelo did say:

        I try this recipe:

Which is LOCATED WHERE? The ref below to /etc/procmailrc gives this reader the impression that perhaps this recipe is located there. Why else share with us the permissions of /etc/procmailrc, but not your own homedir or of the rcfile itself.

:0 H
* test123
$HOME/mail/$LOGNAME

        Some details:

Notably missing any excerpt from the procmail logfile, which at this stage would be infinitely more useful in leading to a diagnosis.

Prompt# ls -l /usr/bin/procmail /etc/procmailrc
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         2529 Mar 10 21:26 /etc/procmailrc
-rwsr-xr-x    1 root     mail        67980 Dec 10 10:53 /usr/bin/procmail*
Prompt# ls -ld ~uuddii/mail
drwx------    2 uuddii   man         12288 Mar 10 21:12
/home/ayalon/sysgrp/uuddii/mail/
Prompt#

        And I could not read the folder because the owner of the folder
        is root!

What are you talking about - the information you share above says that 'uuddii' is the owner of ~uuddii/mail. What folder are you referring to?

How cam, the LOGNAME is my username? Dose procmail work under my UID or not?

Yes, but that will depend on where the recipe you listed above actually resides:

        /etc/procmailrc
        /etc/procmailrc/somercfile.rc
        $HOME/.procmailrc

Recipes in the first run as root, the second, as the owner of that rcfile, and the third as your UID.

  Is anybody can send some possible scenarios

I think you should start with examining your procmail log. Also, clearly define where the test recipe is actually being run from.

This is in the manpages.