[Q] Permission and authentication (or Who is the landlord?)

2002-03-10 12:52:01

        I try this recipe:

:0 H
* test123
$HOME/mail/$LOGNAME

        Some details:

Prompt# ls -l /usr/bin/procmail /etc/procmailrc
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         2529 Mar 10 21:26 /etc/procmailrc
-rwsr-xr-x    1 root     mail        67980 Dec 10 10:53 /usr/bin/procmail*
Prompt# ls -ld ~uuddii/mail
drwx------    2 uuddii   man         12288 Mar 10 21:12
/home/ayalon/sysgrp/uuddii/mail/
Prompt#

        And I could not read the folder because the owner of the folder
        is root!  How cam, the LOGNAME is my username?  Dose procmail
        work under my UID or not?  Is anybody can send some possible
        scenarios to explain how the procmail handle suid, ownership and
        files modes?  The man talk about o+w permission cases, could we
        get more info?

Bye,
 Udi