Re: Leave rcfile on match?

2002-03-14 17:25:07
Peter White asked,

| So, I have a file with all my recipes in it called myfilters which I
| INCLUDERC into my .procmailrc. What I want to do is set up the recipes in
| myfilters so that if procmail finds a match it stops looking in myfilters
| and returns to my .procmailrc. I have searched through the mailing list
| archives for keywords that relate to this and could not find anything.

If you have a procmail version new enough to understand SWITCHRC, then

 SWITCHRC=/dev/null

is a special assignment that means "act as if this rcfile ended here."

So you can exit myfilters back to the calling rcfile like this:

 :0 flags
 * conditions for bailing out of myfilters
 { SWITCHRC=/dev/null }

If your procmail version is older, you have to do this:

 :0 flags
 * conditions for NOT bailing
 {
  entire remainder of myfilters
 }

which can get nasty with the depth of nesting if you have several possible
reasons to quit early.