How do you strip out data from the body of an e-mail?

2002-03-22 22:59:48
Is there a way to strip out lines of the body
content in an e-mail message and then have
parts of each line entered into a database as
variables?

For example, my company sends me notification
e-mails. I receive 50 - 100 of these notifications per
day. ALL of these e-mails are of two different
templates. (1) Template for "New Pre-Enrollees"
and (2) Template for "New Members." Each template
contains the new individual's contact information.

Template E-Mail #1  (New Pre-Enrollee Letter) <<<<

----- Original Message -----
From: concordegroup(_at_)concordewebsite(_dot_)com
To: concorde(_at_)DennistonInc(_dot_)com
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 11:48 PM
Subject: Shannon, Someone has just visited your site!

ATTENTION: THIS EMAIL IS NOT CHECKED BY ANYONE.
IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT THE CONCORDE GROUP,
EMAIL CONCORDEGROUP(_at_)CONCORDEGROUP(_dot_)NET

Shannon,

Johnny Prospect has visited your site and been added to your Net-O-Matic
Powerline.

Please find their complete information below.

Also, BE SURE to Copy and Paste the letter found at the bottom into an
email, personalize it from you, and then SEND it to Johnny immediately.

First Name: Johnny

Last Name: Prospect

Phone: 555-555-5555

E-Mail: johnny(_at_)prospect(_dot_)com

Income: $3,000 PER MONTH

Temp ID#: 12345678

Password: temp97578

THE SYSTEM IS THE SOLUTION
The key to the system is driving more and more traffic to your site.

Visitors are placed in the Powerline as they fill out your Front Page
Hit Form @
http://www.concordegroup.net/concordegroup/site/front.cfm?siteid=164364

More traffic fuels the growth of your powerlines. Speed up the process of
taking someone from Visitor to MEMBER by DRIVING MORE TRAFFIC TO YOUR SITE.

There are many ways to drive more and more traffic to your website. When
one is working, start another one. There are SO MANY WAYS to DRIVE TRAFFIC
to YOUR SITE that there's NO EXCUSE to not do so ALL OF THE TIME!!

Do not make the presentation yourself under any circumstance!

Let the system do the selling and sorting for you utilizing the various
tools available in the tools link of the Members Only Area of the site.

Here is the section that contains the variables
I need stripped out:

First Name: [FIRSTNAME]

Last Name: [LASTNAME

Phone: [PHONE]

E-Mail: [EMAIL]

Income: [INCOME]

Temp ID#: [TEMPID]

Password: [TEMPPASS]
I need to have the 7 variables above entered into a mySQL
database. When the variables are added, I need to have the
record assigned a code, such as "P" for Pre-Enrollee. This
way, I will be able to categorize each record into groups.

When the variables are entered, I will have PHP code that
generates an e-mail that is sent to the "New Pre-Enrollee"
from my e-mail address instructing them on what to do.

Template E-Mail #2  (New Member Letter) <<<<