EGREP

2002-03-22 18:02:48

Currently we are using egrep to search a file which contains a list of
email address. Is there something more efficient than this. We have about
18,000 email accounts and bring in about 130k messages per day.

There are two primary files: one has 82 lines and the other has 24..

When I enable the filter system on all accounts, currently we are only
running it on about 6,000, the load sky rockets to around 90 on a Sun 420,
normally it sits around 8..

When running a top all you would seem to see is egrep's out the wazoo..

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, also thanks to all the
answers I was given on the Egrep question. I just wish I knew ahead of
time that it would slam the machine.

Another note, it would seem the number of Sendmail procs raises also, as
if sendmail is waiting on procmail.

Thanks,
Scott