RE: RECIPE: strip/remove ads from hotmail/yahoo originated messages

2002-03-28 02:47:25
Hi, I was sick of those ads appended by free email services, so I wrote
this procmail recipe to remove them. I've tested it on a 3k message

This is something I am researching at the moment.  I am using Demime which has
similar stuff built in, however, I am really starting to think that this is
something which should be outside Demime.

I like the SED script, this would allow you to mix and match scripts easily.

Can I suggest that you offer a public library of scripts (starting with these
two) and accept submissions from others?  It would be a great way to keep up to
date as Hotmail and the like start to change their footers

Good luck

Ed Wildgoose