Re: No autoreply if sender is admin(_at_)domain(_dot_)com

2002-04-05 12:25:41
LT answered Timothy,

| You're right about excluding ^FROM_DAEMON.
| I didn't think that "admin" would match with from_daemon.   Thanks!!

Indeed it does.  I was running a mailing list through homebrew procmail
recipes, and someone joined with "mkt_admin" as the local part of his
address.  His request to join and all his submissions were shunted to the
errors folder because his sending address matched ^FROM_DAEMON.  I didn't
want to soften the test to ^FROM_MAILER for other reasons, so I had to do
this:

FROM_DAEMON=! # note, no caret

:0
* 1^1 ^FROM_DAEMON
* -1^1
^(X-)?(Resent-)?(From|(Return-Path|Reply-To|Sender):)(.*\<)?mkt_admin(_at_)his\(_dot_)do
main
{ FROM_DAEMON= }

and thereafter use

* $ $FROM_DAEMON

instead of

* ^FROM_DAEMON

throughout the list's rcfiles.  He was all right as a list member otherwise
and as a person, but when he unsubbed and I could change all that stuff back,
I was relieved.