Re: Help!

2002-04-05 12:56:52
At 12:03 2002-04-05 -0500, Don Hammond did say:
software may be unable to grok some messages after munging.  That said,
adding a "b" flag and reversing the order of the cat and echo commands
in the filter above will put your added text at the top of the message
body.

Generally agreed on the other points, but changing order as you sugges will also place it OUTSIDE of the first mime chunk, which probably isn't desireable (and relates to "unable to grok").

stripmime is a small perl script that will strip mime attachments and tacks a statement about what was removed into the plain text message that results. With a little bit of hacking, one could make it do what is trying to be achieved here - rather than stripping mime, locate the first text block and append (insert) text to it, and rename the attachment(s).