Re: Adding text to a message body

2002-04-13 11:05:59
Chuck Charlton followed up,

| This morning I ran about twenty tests trying different
| permutations, and I believe that it is the | formail line that is
| failing.            ^^^^^^^

If you're relying on a belief, that must mean that you don't have hard
evidence.  What does a verbose logfile say?

My first guess is that maybe you have a stray space character to the right of
the backslash.  My second guess is that there really is a subject line after
all (though your original regexp was equivalent to the one I used); can you
show us a sample of the message that's supposed to get filtered?

My third guess is that something is messed up with your setting for $SHELL.

| >  :0fhw
| >  * ^From:.*[ <]root(_at_)well\(_dot_)com
| >  * !^Subject:
| >  | formail -i "Subject: http://www.well.com/user/chuck/calendar"; ; \