Re: Adding text to a message body

2002-04-10 07:20:54
Chuck asked,

| So I thought I
| would add the URL to the body of the message instead.

Seems to me you ought to put it in both places; in the subject for your
convenience and in the body for her needs.

| How would I do that?
|
| :0fhwc
| * ^From:.*[ <]root(_at_)well\(_dot_)com
| * !^Subject:.*[^     ]*
| | formail -i "Subject: http://www.well.com/user/chuck/calendar/";

You don't want to use `f' and `c' together.  Drop the `c'.  Also, any message
with a Subject: header will fail the second condition, so you might as well
use just

 * !^Subject:

Anyhow, to get the URL into the subject and at the top of the body, modify
the action line of the recipe you already have:

 :0fhw
 * ^From:.*[ <]root(_at_)well\(_dot_)com
 * !^Subject:
 | formail -i "Subject: http://www.well.com/user/chuck/calendar"; ; \
   echo "Calendar update at http://www.well.com/user/chuck/calendar"; ; echo

Filtering the head through formail -i will preserve the blank line at the
neck, so the echoed lines will come after the neck and thus be part of the
body.