How to convert to 8 bit mime format

2002-04-15 08:57:43
Hi,

Are there any programs to pipe through and ensure that attachments are in 8 bit
mime format?

The logic is that bandwidth is important for my users and I am making the
assumption that all the popular mail clients on windows are 8 bit clean, hence
since this is the last step before local delivery it should be safe to force a
conversion to 8 bit...  Does this sounds reasonable?

I had a look at mimencode, but this doesn't seem to do this?  The mail system
is Procmail, not sendmail, hence no support there either.

Thanks

Ed Wildgoose