Re: helping hand

2002-04-18 20:26:33
Requestor was BCC'd in the (probable) event that they were not subscribed to the Procmail list.

At 20:02 2002-04-18 -0600, Steve Pershall did say:
I have my own server setup and I am trying to install a auto responder script which uses procmail I need a little help determining if I have procmail installed

That shouldn't be too difficult.

How about you start by retrieving, reviewing, then executing the script found at:

<http://www.professional.org/procmail/procdiag.sh>

This should tell you all sorts of things about your config - version of procmail and some other utils, proper security settings on some files (if you're running it as a user), whether procmail is the LDA on the system (provided you're running sendmail, and the config file is in a typical place and readable), etc. A bunch of diagnostic info is reported, largely because that info is often needed when trying to diagnose a problem someone is claiming to have.

and a few other questions concerning procmail so what I am looking for is some one willing to spend a little time and help me get porcmail set up I would be willing to pay I have read the tutorial on the spambouncers.org

Spambouncer is a specific script - it's author and website are your support channel for that.

website and I just not sure of some of the variables to set and where to find them

You wouldn't simply "set variables" in procmail - you'd DO something, which might be triggered by variables, but obviously you're running a script - in this case, Spambouncer, which isn't _procmail_ - it uses procmail to interpret the script, but the "proper" settings of the variables are dependant upon your system and what _SPAMBOUNCER_ is expecting. Any variables the spambouncer site is referring to are within the spambouncer script. Those variables are described at:

        <http://www.spambouncer.org/#ConfiguringSpamBouncer>

Literally, if you don't already have a ~/.procmailrc then create it. Then paste the lot of those in there. Make sure the file isn't writeable by anyone other then owner. The red bits are described right below the list of variables.