Re: How to eliminate virus W32/Klez(_at_)mm

2002-04-22 15:07:24
Hi all,

This work fine in procmail, to much mail was filtred with this, but, I see that there are other mail with hist virus that can enter, I beleive there are other variants of this virus.

Thanks in advanced,

Regards,

From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer(_at_)zanshin(_dot_)com>
To: Luz Lopez <viaris(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
CC: procmail(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Subject: Re: How to eliminate virus W32/Klez(_at_)mm
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:52:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Luz Lopez wrote:

> I want to use procmail to filter virus, I have a procmailrc working with
> sendmail, but I Have'nt idea how can I to filter the virus W32/Klez(_at_)mm?

I believe the procmail sanitizer would catch it because it uses a .pif
file for its payload.
        http://www.impsec.org/email-tools/procmail-security.html

However, here's the simple procmail rule I'm using for it (as shown, this
dumps it in a folder named "virus"):

:0 Bh
* > 50000
* ^Content-Type:[        ]*(audio/x-|application)
* 1^0 ()<i?frame[        ]*src=(3d)?cid:
* 1^0 ^--[^ ]+$$Content-
virus

The '$$Content-' rule is really the magic one -- Klez sends broken MIME
format with an extra blank line between one of the bodypart separators
and the embedded Content- header.  The $$ there matches two consecutive
newlines.

You could probably go with > 200000 in the first test if you wanted to,
the Klez messages always seem to be about 260k.