Re: Collecting Email Traffic Stats with Procmail

2002-04-22 16:14:18
because you're not doing anything which woulc cause something to be logged.

This is what I figured, I just was not sure what the anything should be
hehe. :)

[in /etc/procmailrc]

LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail.log

# logs username and message size
# (assumes any valid message is at least 1 byte)
:0
* 1^1 > 1
{
         LOG="$LOGNAME $=
"
}

So this works really well.

On my one Redhat 7.2 system the above does what I expect. It creates a log
like

username1 3829
username2 488
username1 8993
username5 3321

This is great. However I have gotten some strange inconsistencies. When I
tried it on a Redhat 7.0 and another 7.2 system I get a lot more info
(procmail and sendmail versions appear to be identical).

username1 3829