Re: How do you set "Return-Path:" with Procmail?

2002-05-01 00:47:54
On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 03:30:55AM -0400, Shannon D. Denniston wrote:
How can I tell if it is being overwritten by my MTA?

Well, if you're creating a header, and the header that ends up in the actual
email received by the person you are sending it to is not what you set, either
your MTA is re-writting it, or their MTA is. I think in this case we can rule
out their MTA.

What is MTA?

This is a FAQ, but: Mail Transfer Agent. IE: Sendmail, Qmail, Postfix, Exim,
Exchange...

I am on a dedicated Cobalt RAQ4i server. I have root access.

Ouch. I wish you luck my friend. I can help you no further with MTA issues on
a Cobalt. I don't mess with the special sauce.

Note: Please take a hint from where I have sent all my replies to your
messages, and my (new) signature.

--
Andrew Edelstein                 -              http://andrew.pure-chaos.com

Please do not reply directly to me, or Cc: me on a reply to a list message.
Replies sent back to the list are more effective, as the discussion remains in
front of the eyes of the rest of the list.