Re: A little help with my recipe...

2002-05-01 11:07:17
At 12:34 2002-05-01 -0400, Pantelis Hadzipantelis did say:
All incoming email attachments should get discarded except for .doc and .xls files. I can't figure out how to do this... I've been trying to find information on how to do it but I can't find anything. I know how to block "a" email attachment... here is what my procmail recipe is:

You should check out stripmime.pl - a little perl program (having nothing to do with procmail except that you can invoke it from procmail). A few hacks, and it should do what you want - all you'd do is pipe messages to it as a filter.

   echo "However, we do not accept attachments with that file extension."; \

You should carefully consider inclusion of some logic for dealing with vcard and winmail.dat, etc. type attachments (what of signed messages as well?), or you're going to bounce a lot of stuff, and the senders are going to be absolutely CLUELESS as to what to do to change it, because they'll be there insisting they didn't send any attachments.

PS - you sent two separate copies of this request to the list, at different addresses for the list...