Support Request

2002-05-07 04:03:33
Hi Procmail-users-support,

I have a little problem. You might have a quick advice for my issue that is
givin me a lot of pressure.

I need to resolve this nice problem using sendmail.

Basically I need to say to sendmail that as soon as it receive an email in a
pop3 mailbox it must generate an autoreply message. A kind of vacation
e-mail. The point is that when the autoreply is generated it must execute a
script which will process some code and send an e-mail with the result of
the process attached.

The script will execute a connection to the many whois database in the world
and execute the whois query using the whois protocol. I have already done
that using php with the use of classes. Fucking hard man. Unfortunately PHP
has been the wrong choice... anyway. I think I'll use PERL or C. I am
running out of time... sigh!!!

Do you know if sendmail can offer this utility or I need to find a special
MTA/MUA.
If sendmail can do that, can you advice me about where to find information
to resolve this problem and what quicly I should do.

I had some inputs from the mailing list but I would like to see what you
think about this as well.

-----------------------
You can invoke your script from an entry in ".forward".

If you want this for all users, an alternative would be to write your
own local delivery agent that runs your script after delivering.
Your special delivery agent could pass of the message to the standard
delivery agent for the actual delivery.

 -NWR

man forward

Usually this is set via ForwardPath, see doc/op/op.*

Massimo Amelio
Jelok IT Ltd
London UK
+44(0)7946115945