Odd behavior on Sendmail and Procmail

2002-05-22 07:42:19

We have a pretty large setup running about 20,000 users or so. What I am
wondering is: will procmail not run things buy the /etc/procmailrc or
~/.procmailrc files if the load gets to high?

It seems to skip over some messages, we append every message with an
X-header stating it was processed. Some messages do not have these..

Also, it seems to happen more with aliases. For instance hr@ which is an
alias that points to users on the system.

Is there a limitation on the number of messages per min/sec that procmail
will do? Any input would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
Scott