Re: How can I put more than one word in the VARIABLE ?

2002-05-24 08:07:48
 Yes as I sent one message I recived yours.

This is a great help. I looked at your code and it works great but the double $
$ confused me. Im not much of a shell script person, but I dont think I have
ever seen the $ $ before ( although I asume there are a host of places else
were it fits in shell stuff)

It makes sense what you are saying because the log file indeed showed something
like SRCH_ Defined as $AAA which ment that it was simply looking for the $AAA
string, I just could not figure out how to get to work.

On the :0 B:
* .*

I guess what you are saying is not to use .* when searching the body. I guess
it crept in from using it elsewhere. Would it be accptable to use the following
:0 B:
* Sex.*Girls

Which would catch the text sex and girls anywhere in the body.

Thank you
--

On Fri, 24 May 2002 09:48:23
 Don Hammond wrote:
On 24 May, S Semple wrote:
| The below recipe does not work. [...]
|
| AAA='one two three'
| BBB='black white green'
|
| :0
| * ^SUBJECT:.*"$AAA"
|
| {
| :0 B:
| * .*"$BBB"
| ${TESTDIR}/Proctest.mail
|
| }

As explained in my reply to one of your earlier messages, which
apparently came pretty close to crossing paths with this message of
yours, you're missing a '$' following the '*' that starts the condition.
The '$' tells procmail to expand the variables and without it you're
trying to literally match $BBB and not the contents of the variable
$BBB.

Loose the leading .* and the quotes on the condition and make it:

 * $ $BBB

--
Reply to list please, or append "6" to "procmail" in address if you must.
Spammers' unrelenting address harvesting forces me to this...reluctantly.