Re: Newbie: Logging

2002-05-28 07:14:46
On Tue, 28 May 2002, Matt Wills wrote:

I have just started using Procmail. I will be using it only for spam catching.

I am curious as to whether there is any way to customize the logging.
Verbose=on records too much, verbose=off not enough. Is there a way
to get something in the middle, some method of specifying what I want
to see?

        You can play on/off VERBOSE before and after patrt that you
        want to.  You can use LOG to output notes into the logfile:

VERBOSE=off

LOG=" Gong to check the junk
"
:0
* junk mail
/dev/junk

LOG=" Here we are
"

#  Very new recipe:
VERBOSE=on
:0
* test test
/var/test

        The LOG needs NEWLINE in the end of the string thats why we write:

LOG="something
"                           <--- NEWLINE after end of string

        Or:

NL="
"
LOG="something$NL"