Re: LOGFILE doesn't work in .procmailrc

2002-06-08 04:41:24
On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 11:18:39AM -0700, Chris Mutchler wrote:
The current version of procmail we are running is:

mx: {44} % procmail -v
procmail v3.22 2001/09/10

But is that the one Sendmail is invoking?

which procmail
echo =M | sendmail -bt | grep \(local\)

Make sure those paths match.

I am having 2 problems right now with my .procmailrc file that I can't
seem to find an answer for from co-workers, on the internet, or through
the mailing list archives.  If someone could give me a hand, I would
appreciate it.

1.  My LOGFILE doesn't seem to work.  Here is what I have written here
in my .procmailrc file:

2.  The other issue I am having is that when I send something to a mail
"folder" -- I use pine to read my email, so it's really just a file --
it won't go there.  But if I send it to /dev/null, it will work just
fine.  Here is one of my rules:

I'm seeing a common thread here: Your procmail rules are failing to write to
files in your home directory. What are the permissions on the directory
itself? Your permissions on the logfile are too lax, by the way. I would go
with 664 at most. 660 or 640 is even better.
Is $HOME/mail a directory? What are the permissions on that directory?
Someone else wondered if maybe $HOME wasn't being set correctly. You might try
giving it a full path instead of $HOME.
Finally, are you subject to a  quota, or is the partition containing your home
directory full? Is your home directory on an NFS mount? This has been known to
cause problems as well (though usually more related to file locking and
performance.)

--
Andrew Edelstein        -       http://andrew.pure-chaos.com/resume.txt

Please do not reply directly to me, or Cc: me on a reply to a list message.
I'll get my copy from the list.