Re: Setting different levels of Verbose logging

2002-06-11 02:52:11
Hey Sean!

Cool.  I like it.  I'll have to play around with the things
you mentioned - I hadn't run across that ability.  Thanks for
illuminating my dark corner over here in the East Bay...

;-)

deb  (aka deb(_at_)teradyne(_dot_)com- laid off, and now
deb(_at_)tickleme(_dot_)llnl(_dot_)gov)

Procmail is your friend...

Meanwhile, Professional Software Engineering says:

| At 12:20 2002-06-10 -0400, kandeb(_at_)spamcop(_dot_)net wrote:
| >Is there way to increment or decrement the amount of logging?  It
|
| >For example, non-verbose logging gives From line, Subject, and
| >the Folder (or disposition) that the incoming message took.  The
|
| You can turn verbose on and off around specific recipes.  You can also
| manually emit LOG="something" lines where you want additional information:
|
| LOG="From: $FROM$NL"
|
| > From line, in the case of email lists, usually contains the
| >listmail address.  However, I'd *like* to see what is usually
| >in the From: line - the originating sender.
|
| Extract it, and emit it.  I extract certain headers up top of my
| .procmailrc so that they're available to all my recipes within variables
| (saves me the hassle of extracting the common headers in lots of recipes):
|

| #newline, for logging
| NL="
| "
|
| # extract some commonly used headers into variables where we can make
| # easy use of them.
| :0
| {
|          :0
|          * ^Subject:[    ]*\/[^  ].*
|          {
|                  SUBJECT=$MATCH
|          }
|
|          :0
|          * ^To:[         ]*\/[^  ].*
|          {
|                  TO=$MATCH
|          }
|
|          :0
|          * ^From:[       ]*\/[^  ].*
|          {
|                  FROM=$MATCH
|          }
|
|          # Here we have to call shell.... -rt will parse return address
|          # according to RFC rules.  Note we only process HEADER.
|          :0 h
|          SENDER=|$FORMAIL -rtzxTo:
| }
|

| >BTW, I'm no longer on this list
(procmail(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE),