Configure procmail for webmail (sendmail)

2002-06-15 00:53:54
Hello everybody,

   I have a webmail server running : sendmail-8.11.6-3, procmail v3.22 on
Redhat 7.1 ( 2.4.7-10). Its written in php 4.0.6. It will use pop3 too.

  The webmail works when all the incoming mails go to
/var/spool/mail. When users use the webmail, their mail folders such as
Sent mail, Trash and other folders(created by users through the web) are
located in /home/user. For example, when a user named mgr used the
webmail, in his home folder, the files that hell has are (basically):
ls -al /home/mgr

-rw-r--r--    1 mgr mgr 6 Oct 17  2001 .mailboxlist
-rw-------    1 mgr mgr 546 Oct 17  2001 Trash
-rw-------    1 mgr mgr 546 Oct 17  2001 Sent mail

As I want to set up user quota on each user, I found out it's easier to
move the incoming mails to /home directory for the quota control.

 So, Ive configured my src/authenticate.c as below :
#include "authenticate.h"
#ifndef MAILSPOOLDIR
#define MAILSPOOLDIR    "$HOME/.mail/"       /* watch the trailing / */
#endif
#ifndef MAILSPOOLSUFFIX
#define MAILSPOOLSUFFIX ""            /* suffix to force maildir or MH
style */
#endif
#ifndef MAILSPOOLHASH
#define MAILSPOOLHASH   0      /* 2 would deliver to
/var/spool/mail/b/a/bar */
#endif
#define MAILSPOOLHOME "/.mail"                /* watch the leading / */

As result, all the new incoming mails go to /home/user/maildir/new

How can I let my webmail knows where to look for the new directory?

Ive tried to set up my /etc/profile as below too :
LOGNAME=$USER
MAIL="/HOME/$USER/.mail"

My main problem is : to set up mail quota for each user as I dont want
users to receive any mails once they have exceeded the mail quota set up
for them.

I do hope you can advise me on my problem. I've explored on the internet
about this problem and most of it points to procmail. I just dont know how
to integrate the procmail with the webmail.

   I hope you can help me to solve my problem as I do really wanna
use procmail.

Thanks in advance.

Aj